Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
I’m not sure what is going on but since having our new baby boy I’ve been craving sweets. I’m not normally a person that enjoys sweets. Since I’m only 4 weeks out from having a new little bundle of joy, I thought I would go with it. If I am going to indulge in my new found sweet tooth I figured it should serve a purpose ? My milk supply is fine, thank goodness but I figured a lactation cookie couldn’t hurt. I started googling vegan lactation cookies and the common ingredients were flax, brewer’s yeast, and that’s really it. So, I played around with my favorite oatmeal cookie and added some molasses for more iron, yeast, fenugreek (i’ve always heard that helped with milk supply) and of course, the flax. They turned out to be super delicious!! Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 2 tbsp of molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of clove
- 1/8 tsp of ground fenugreek
- 4 heaping tbsp of brewers yeast
- 1/4 baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip
- Step 1 Preheat oven 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Step 2 In a large bowl, use a fork and mix together the milk and flax seeds. Add in the sugar and oil mix for about 2 minutes. Mix in the vanilla. Add in the dry ingredients. Fold in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Step 3 Drop dough in generous tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto the baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes.