RICE NOODLE SOUP WITH OYSTER MUSHROOMS, WAKAME, AND BEAN SPROUTS
This weeks recipe is an amazing soup from Dr. Kyle Klim of Integrative Wellness Group. For more amazing recipes, health and wellness tips or for a great NJ Chiropractor check out more from Kyle here: Facebook: Kyle Klim Dc and Integrative Wellness Group Instagram: @drkyleklim and @integrativewellnessgroup Twitter: @KyleKlim www.integrativewellnessgroup.com Pregnant Moms, Fourth Trimester Moms, Kids, pretty much the entire family can benefit from this nutrient packed soup!! The wakame is a good source of magnesium, iodine, calcium, iron, Vitamins A,D,C,K,B2, and Folate which is important for cell development, especially during pregnancy. The mushrooms are a good source of Niacin, Riboflavin, Potassium, and a specific antioxidant which protects against abnormal cell growth. The bean sprouts are a good source of Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Folate, Copper and Manganese. Good fats come from the cashews and seeds as well.
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 8 to 10 cups vegetable or miso broth
- 1 lb oyster mushrooms or any mushroom you like
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts or about 6 ounces
- 1 package of dried wakame sea weed (about 1.75 ounces)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Braggs coconut aminos
- sesame seeds for garnish
- crushed raw cashews for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- 1/2 tsp salt to roast mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp pepper to roast mushrooms
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 F, place mushrooms in a baking dish, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until a nice golden brown is achieved. While mushrooms are baking, heat broth on medium high heat. Add rice wine vinegar and aminos. When broth comes to a simmer, drop in noodles to cook. They will cook very quickly. When noodles are finished, place in bowls with tongs, drop in bean sprouts, sea weed, mushrooms then broth and finish with sesame oil. Garnish with sesame seeds, cashews, and cilantro. Enjoy!